Wii U & 3DS
– Fans of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U can now add even more fun with a free update and new DLC for purchase on both versions. The free update includes a Duck Hunt stage for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and the ability to upload match replay highlights to YouTube in the Wii U version of the game. In addition, players can now purchase new Mii Fighter costumes – like Fox (from the and Star Fox series) and Toad outfits – as well as a Pirate Ship stage for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U inspired by The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and a Super Mario Makerstage for both versions of the game. For full details, visit http://www.smashbros.com/us/.
Wii U Games
– Fight your way across the celestial world of Avalice, where cats are green, motorcycles drive up walls and monster girls do most of the butt kicking! Freedom Planet is a cartoony, combat-based platform adventure that pits a spunky dragonoid and her friends against an alien attack force. If you downloaded the demo during the limited-time Nindies@Homepromotion, you can save 15 percent off your purchase of Freedom Planet until Nov 1. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
– Toto Temple Deluxe is a fast-paced, local-multiplayer king-of-the-hill style game, in which players must steal an egg-laying goat from their friends and try to keep it on their own head for as long as possible. You know, normal stuff. Be the first to grab the explosive goat and keep it long enough for it to detonate near your soon-to-be-dead rivals. Lose the goat and the timer resets. Play as teams or in free-for-all. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Virtual Console on Wii U
– In this much-loved NES classic, free River City from the clutches of Slick and his underlings. Battle it out on the streets solo or with a friend.
Also New This Week:
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
New themes this week include:
- The Legend of Legacy: “The Chibi Adventurers”
Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Puzzle Monkeys is more than 60 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.
- Zumba Fitness World Party is 75 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 12.
- Midnight is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.
- Don’t Crash is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $1.49 to $1) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 14.
- Pixel Slime U is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $2) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 14.
- Vector Assault is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 5 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 30.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Shin Megami Tensei IV is 25 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $14.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 5 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 19.
Stealth Inc. II: A Game of Clones is reduced to $9.99 (from $14.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
- Battleminer is reduced to $5.99 (from $7.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
Miiverse Nook’s Homes Drawing Sweepstakes – To celebrate the launch of the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game, we’re hosting a Nook’s Homes Drawing Sweepstakes event until Oct. 30. You can enter every week for your chance to win a digital version of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer by sharing your Animal Crossing-themed fan art on Miiverse! Click here for details.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the US (incl. DC), 13 years or older. Promotion begins 11:00 AM PT on 9/25/15 and ends 11:00 PM PT on 10/30/15. To enter, post your Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer fan art in Miiverse or mail postcard as stated in Official Rules. Twenty-five prize winners will each receive one (1) download code for the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game (ARV US $39.99). For Official Rules, visit http://www.nintendo.com/corp/rules/nooks-home-drawing/. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc.
Source: Nintendo Press Release