Nintendo News: Stretchmo, the Newest Game in the PushmoSeries, is Now Available on Nintendo 3DS
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Starting today – more specifically, right now! – Stretchmo, a customizable new 3D puzzle game in the Pushmo series, is available to download exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. For the first time in the well-received series, the first seven starter puzzles of the Stretchmo game are free. After trying the fun levels out for no charge, players can then choose to purchase passes for the game’s main attractions individually or as one of multiple bundles. The attractions and respective prices are as follows:
Stretchmo, the newest game in the Pushmo series, is now available on Nintendo 3DS. (Photo: Business Wire)
- Mallo’s Playtime Plaza ($4.99): 100 progressively challenging levels that introduce the basics of the game.
- Poppy’s Sculpture Square ($2.99): 50 puzzle levels shaped like animals and objects.
- Corin’s Fortress of Fun ($2.99): 50 levels featuring new gizmo obstacles and enemies.
- Papa Blox’s NES Expo ($2.99): A treat for retro fans that features 50 levels based on classic NES characters.
The following attraction pack bundles are also available:
- Bundle featuring all four attractions ($9.99).
- Bundle containing “Poppy’s Sculpture Square,” “Corin’s Fortress of Fun” and “Papa Blox’s NES Expo” after “Mallo’s Playtime Plaza” has already been purchased ($6.99).
- Bundle of the remaining three attractions after purchasing either “Poppy’s Sculpture Square,” “Corin’s Fortress of Fun” or “Papa Blox’s NES Expo” ($8.99).
In addition to pushing and pulling colorful blocks, the active verb in Stretchmo is right there in the game’s name: stretching. Players make their way through multiple puzzling levels by moving around blocks to reach the goal – even stretching certain blocks to extend them from every side. Players can even stretch the limits of their own imaginations and create levels in Stretchmo Studio, save them and share via a QR Code with friends and family members who also own the game! Stretchmo Studio is unlocked by purchasing any attraction pass. Additionally, different features are unlocked as players complete more levels throughout the attractions.
Stretchmo is now available exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. For more information about the game, visit http://stretchmo.nintendo.com.
Source : Nintendo press release
I added a video Nintendo posted to YouTube that I didn't know about when I originally published this post
I am a big fan of the original game Pushmo game and the Crashmo game is cool too but is way too hard, this seems more like am advancement of the pushmo game so I am interested. It's odd how Nintendo is selling this game with the player picking and choosing the content of the game. This game announcement and release is totally out of nowhere so so it's a nice surprise and I'm not sure why this wasn't included in the regular press release for eshop downloads or mentioned before today.